Juxtaposing the most common and the most gothic, the humorous and the tragic, author Jeffrey Eugenides creates a vivid and compelling portrait of youth and lost innocence. He takes us back to the elm-lined streets of suburbia in the seventies, and introduces us to the men whose lives have been forever changed by their fierce, awkward obsession with five doomed sisters: brainy Therese, fastidious Mary, ascetic Bonnie, libertine Lux, and pale, saintly Cecilia, whose spectacular demise inaugurates “the year of the suicides.” This is the debut novel that caused a sensation and won immediate acclaim from the critics-a tender, wickedly funny tale of love and terror, sex and suicide, memory and imagination.
Citizen quartz watches contain the same high quality manufacturing, beauty, and style as the higher-end Citizen eco-drive models, but at a much lower price. Powered by standard battery technology, the Citizen quartz watches are reliable and easy to maintain.
Through twenty-one novels featuring Lucas Davenport, Kidd, or the razor-edge world of the Night Crew, John Sandford has been writing brilliantly suspenseful, consistently surprising thrillers filled with rich characters and exceptional drama.
But Dead Watch sets a whole new level.
Early morning, Virginia, and a woman is on the run. Her husband, a former U.S. Senator, has been missing for days. Kidnapped? Murdered? She doesn’t know, but she thinks she knows who’s involved, and why. And that she’s next.
Hours later in Washington, D.C., a cell phone rings. The White House chief of staff needs Jacob Winter now. His chief investigator and an Army Intelligence veteran, Winter knows how to move quickly and decisively, but he’s never faced a problem like this. The disappearances are bad, but when the blackened body shows up barbed-wired to a tree, Winter knows there is much worse to come. And soon enough, there is. Large forces are at work, determined to do whatever it takes to achieve their ends. Winter will have to use all his resources not only to prevail but also to survive. And so will the nation. . . .
- Great product!
Winona Ryder (in an Oscar(r) nominated role) and Academy Award(r) winner Susan Sarandon (1995 Best Actress, Dead Man Walking) star in this “affectionate, superbly acted” (Los Angeles Times) family favorite. With her husband off at war, Marmee (Sarandon) is left alone to raise their four daughters, her Little Women. There is the spirited Jo (Ryder); conservative Meg (Trini Alvarado, Paulie); fragile Beth (Claire Danes, William Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet); and romantic Amy (played at different ages by Kristen Dunst, Wag the Dog and Samantha Mathis, Broken Arrow). As the years pass, the sisters share some of the most cherished and painful memories of self-discovery, as Marmee and Aunt March (Mary Wickes, The Man Who Came to Dinner) guide them through issues of independence, romance and virtue. Gabriel Byrne (End of Days), Eric Stoltz (TV’s Chicago Hope) and Christian Bale (The Portrait of a Lady) co-star in this “handcrafted valentine” (Newsweek) of a film. The flaws are easily forgiven in this beautiful version of Louisa May Alcott’s novel. A stirring look at life in New England during the Civil War, Little Women is a triumph for all involved. We follow one family as they split into the world, ending up with the most independent, the outspoken Jo (Winona Ryder). This time around, the dramatics and conclusions fall into place a little too well, instead of finding life’s little accidents along the way. Everyone now looks a bit too cute and oh, so nice. As the matron, Marmee, Susan Sarandon kicks the film into a modern tone, creating a movie alive with a great feminine sprit. Kirsten Dunst (Interview with the Vampire) has another showy role. The young ensemble cast cannot be faulted, with Ryder beginning the movie in a role akin to light comedy and crescendoing to a triumphant end worthy of an Oscar. –Doug Thomas
- Deleted Scenes with Director’s commentary
- Making Of Featurette
- Two trivia games
- Historical timeline
- Costume and set design gallery with Colleen Atwood’s commentary
Compatibility: Compatible with the Samsung Gear 2 Neo smart watch
- Only fit the Samsung Gear 2 Neo smartwatch (NOT compatible with Galaxy Gear 1st generation nor Gear 2)
- Bubble-free silicon adhesives technology; Easily install and no residue when remove
- True crystal clear screen after applying; Do not interfere the touch screen operation
- Scratch resistant; Stains and fingerprints wipe away easily
- Must have product for the Gear 2 Neo owners; Comes with 3x screen protectors, cleaning cloth, squeegee, dust removal tape and instructions
Disturbed at his hotel by a pistol shot, Roger Lawrence discovers the body of a man he had earlier refused to help, who has now killed himself. At his side is his daughter, who Roger, overcome with horror and moved by her plight, ends up adopting. As she blossoms, could she become the perfect wife?
The 2011 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album and nine 2011 Tony Awards® say it’s the Best Musical of the Year. Vogue says, “It’s the funniest musical of all time.” And The New York Times says, “It’s the best musical of this century.” It’s THE BOOK OF MORMON, the Broadway musical from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and Avenue Q co-creator Robert Lopez. The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart calls it “A crowning achievement. So good, it makes me angry.”
Lorraine Wilson has been a jewelry designer since the 1970’s. Lorraine’s forever evolving line of jewelry incorporates genuine coins, antique watch parts, silverware, bottle caps, or whatever recycled item catches Lorraine’s eye. Lorraine only uses the finest materials including solid brass stampings, surgical steel ear wires and posts, and lead-free components. Many of Lorraine’s designs are embellished with genuine Swarovski crystal.
- White brass bracelet features vintage watch dials with alternating brass Bees with clear Swarovski crystals. Watch dials are from antique watches from the 1940’s – 1950’s and vary from bracelet to bracelet.
- Swarovski Austrian Crystal is used in many of our designs simply because it is the finest crystal in the world.
- Bracelet is 7 1/2 inches long.
- Designed and hand-made in the USA. All products come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Designed by Lorraine Wilson for Lorraine’s Artistic Jewelry Designs.
Glistening Swarovski crystals refine a lovely bracelet watch with a mother-of-pearl dial and elegant Roman-numeral indexes. The boxed set offers stylish versatility thanks to three additional interchangeable straps in croc-embossed leather. Color(s): silver/ multi. Brand: Anne Klein. Style Name: Anne Klein Round Watch & Leather Strap Boxed Set.
- Watch set featuring 40 Swarovski crystals at bezel and three additional interchangeable leather straps
- Set includes silver-tone bracelet and three interchangeable leather straps in black, purple, and blue
- Japanese Quartz movement with analog display
- Features protective mineral crystal dial window, adjustable bracelet with jewelry clasp and one extender, sweeping second hand
- Water-resistant to 30 m (99 feet)